Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on, now,
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see.
But, if I stayed here with you, girl,
Things just couldn't be the same.
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now,
And this bird you can not change.
Lord knows, I can't change.
Our philosophy of travel is to travel with NO PLANS, NO RESERVATIONS and NO EXPECTATIONS. It started because my husband worked for Pan Am and we could travel free and never knew if we'd be on the plane or off. Therefore reservations were not possible because in Pan Am jargon we traveled sub-low. Sub-low could be 1st class with crystal and Beluga caviar or sorry no room for you, fool. Flexibility is key. If Paris is full, how does Rome look? One time we headed out to New Zealand, where it was summer and ended up in Scotland in the winter! So 4 or 5 times a year for weekends or even weeks at a time, we head out somewhere with no set itinerary, rent a car and head in any direction. Then we stay as long as we are having fun and have money left. Sometimes we stay in one area and sometimes we jump from country to country. Last month we traveled as free as a bird to Manchester, England because it was the only city in Europe that had space available. We visited:
- York Minister http://22.214.171.124/learning/the-minsters-history/
- Treasurer's House http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-treasurershouseyork
- Fairfax House http://www.fairfaxhouse.co.uk/
- Jorvic Viking Center http://www.jorvik-viking-centre.co.uk/
- York Wall http://www.britainexpress.com/cities/york/wall.htm
- Yorkshire Air Museum http://www.yorkshireairmuseum.org/
- Newby Hall http://www.newbyhallandgardens.com/
- Horn Blower, Ripon http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/content/articles/2008/07/10/ripon_hornblower_history_feature.shtml
- Bolton Castle http://www.boltoncastle.co.uk/metadot/index.pl
- Fountain's Abby http://www.fountainsabbey.org.uk/
- Birnham Rocks http://www.brimhamrocks.co.uk/
- Beningbrough Hall http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-beningbroughhallandgardens
- Chatsworth http://www.chatsworth.org/
|The Fountains Abby|
|Arboretum - Garden of Trees|
|The perfect English cottage|