Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Reuse, Redo, Rejoice!

Lots of people ask how I refinish furniture for the White Booth.  Here's the technique I'm using right now.  I continually refine my technique.  Right now I love all the new products being carried by the Benjamin Moore store in Peachtree City.



Sand and prime with Zinsser 123 latex primer

Ugly side of cabinet

Aura semi gloss Ben  Moore


Pro doo- Z Detail Roller and good brush


White painted completed


Distress it!


Scrape off paint on mirror


Tools - sanding sponge, rag, sock, glass of Malbec, primer




Finished product - Rejoice!!!


My re-tirement has become an adventure in thrifting and learning to reuse. This is a lesson on how to redo a $15 blanket bench and several mirrors.  The largest one I won at an auction for $1 by staying until the VERY end of the night. So let's begin to reject buying new and learn to redo and save that, that others think is trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment