Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thrifting in January



Water color that looks like Trey
Bird Houses
THRIFTING: definition - shopping as cheaply as possible!

Now I'm retired have had to rethink how I shop.  Sooooooo am entertaining myself by shopping at yard sales, estate sales and my new favorite ---auctions.  Some things I keep, some I give as gifts (watch out my presents are usually vintage) and some I sell at my booth at Rockin' B Antiques and Decor, on Hwy 154 toward Sharpsburg. http://rockinbantiques.blogspot.com/
Bisque German Figurine
 See our blog that is designed by my friend Denise and boothie (like a roomie except we share a booth and get to go home to our husbands when we get tired of each other). Check out what I've found this month and try to guess what I'm keeping for ME!!!!!


L


Loved this pair of oil paintings of Gatlinberg in sepia tones


This bird print was very faded so I repainted it with my trusty q-tips and Loran's water color paints.




Fell in love with this hand painted lamp that needs a new shade.  What shape?  What color?



Got these at Van Byars pick up auction.  Really can't resist boxes of stuff!


Sometimes you have to have a vision....Bob-bob calls my side of the garage a nightmare NOT a vision but stay tuned as I turn these legs into the perfect porch tables.  Sure hope this works...... 

Majolica Teapot and Cups

Child's Silver Set...  Tea anyone?


See I told you I LOVE to shop!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize YOU got the table legs!!! Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else can I say...but thank you. I feel peace after visiting here...
    College Essays

    ReplyDelete